Saturday, April 24, 2010

Top Fives!! : Musical Theatre Edition

For those out there in cyber space who know me, you are aware that I am giving up musical theatre for awhile after Sunday. Though mainly for monetary reasons, I've also come to a place in my life where I simply need a break from this topsy turvy world. However, I intend to come back to it after a few months of "The Real World". It is, to quote a phrase, "My Little Demon". So, in honor of this transition, I would like to present two top fives, one being my favorite musical moments, and the other being great Broadway covers by pop artists.....ENJOY!!!!!

Top Five Musical Moments

1. Find Your Grail - Spamalot



2. Stars - Les Miserables




3. Pinball Wizard - The Who's Tommy




4. Ol' Man River - Showboat




5. Unworthy of Your Love - Assassins




Top Five Broadway Pop Covers

1. Till There Was You (From The Music Man) - The Beatles




2. Pirate Jenny (From The Threepenny Opera) - Nina Simone



3. Something's Coming (From West Side Story) - Yes



4. One Night In Bangkok (From Chess) - Murray Head



5. Try to Remember (From The Fantasticks) - Roy Orbison

No comments:

Post a Comment