Tuesday, May 11, 2010

JDIZZY's 365 # 1 : Supper's Ready

Ok, so today I finally made the move to Philly that I have been planning for over a year. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I have decided to undertake a momentous blog series... A year long one to be exact. A little background: I filled up my girlfriend's IPOD with my 350 favorite songs last May. The Criteria was simple. An artist could only be featured once unless it was a group side and then a solo one (hence all the Beatles could be listed individually as well as being included as a whole, but just once each). Now, to mark this new start, I have pushed the number up by 15 and will release my list one song a day until its is finished. When possible I will include both a video, as well as a Lala widget that includes a free listen to the entire album it is pulled from.....errr....just kidding, apparently Lala is shutting down on May 31...RIP!!!. I hope this list inspires others to do the same. Let me know about it, because I would love to follow your 365 as well.

Supper's Ready - Genesis (1972)

The Apocalypse set in the English Countryside. Also the finest side-long epic in Prog. So good somebody on Wikipedia wrote a dissertation on it.







No comments:

Post a Comment