Sunday, May 23, 2010

TOP FIVES!!!!!!: Musical Numbers in Non-Musical Films

With the 365 project occupying most of my blogging time, I asked my dear friend G-Skillet to make you all a top five worthy of his expertise in music and film. He came through with flying colors. Enjoy!

Top 5 "Musical Numbers" in Non-Musical Films:

1. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen - Wayne's World



2. "The Banana Boat Song" by Harry Belafonte - Beetlejuice



3. "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Harry Richman - Young Frankenstein
Performed in the film by Peter Boyle & Gene Wilder.



4. "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" by Jimmy McHugh & Dorothy Fields - Bringing Up Baby
Performed in the film by Cary Grant & Katharine Hepburn.

5. "Blue Shadows (On the Trail)" by Randy Newman - The Three Amigos
Performed in the film by Chevy Chase, Steve Martin & Martin Short.



I started coming up with a bunch of random lists to see what I could think of that would be interesting, and still keep with the "music" theme of the blog. Most of them are movie related, as you probably expected. I just haven't had time the last few days to really work on much.

Can't wait to see more, G-Skillet!

No comments:

Post a Comment