Monday, July 19, 2010

JDIZZY's 365 # 68: All I Want Is You

All I Want Is You - U2 (1988)

It is odd to me that it has become trendy to hate this band. While I understand that Bono's political activism could rub someone the wrong way ( I don't know who, since he is a tireless promoter of peace, love and health, but who am I to be in the mind of every type of person!?!), there is simply no denying the power and quality of their work, from Boy all the way to No Line On The Horizon. Tell me you hate this ballad from Rattle & Hum. Tell me you didn't think it was brilliantly used in Reality Bites. Tell me the orchestra doesn't give you chills. You can tell me all of these things...... but I won't believe you. Their music is of too high a standard for anyone to dislike, and I stand by that statement....Prove Me Wrong!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment