Monday, March 14, 2011

JDIZZY's 365 # 308: I And Love And You

I And Love And You - The Avett Brothers (2009)

I have a confession to make.

I slept on The Avett Brothers until the release of their latest disc, I And Love And You.

After hearing it, I felt really stupid.

I've now gone back to the rest of their career, discovering gem upon gem by a group who encapsulates Bluegrass, pop balladry and the best aspects of the seventies' singer/ songwriter genre.

I still come back to today's selection though.

Maybe it's because it was my first taste.

Maybe it's my boy Rick Rubin's intimate production.

Maybe it's because this for me is what sets The Avett Brothers apart, a conglomeration of old sounds I hadn't heard from anyone else.

Regardless, they have a lifelong fan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment