Thursday, September 30, 2010

JDIZZY's 365 # 141: Just Like Heaven

Just Like Heaven - The Cure (1987)

This song will always take me back to the fall of 2008, as my girlfriend and I were beginning our relationship. There was a local sports bar in Wytheville, VA that had an internet jukebox. We spent more money in that thing some nights than our bar tabs. Our dear friend, Mr. David Manley, would always play this song, and it would become a rousing anthem for Candice, David, the bartender and myself. There was not a care in the world while it was playing, dancing around the locals in reckless, happy abandon. Sometimes what I miss most about that time in my life is that bar, those friends, and that song. Good work Robert Smith, you made a lasting soundtrack to an amazing memory.



Wow, remember when MTV would do shows like this? Another fond memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment