Friday, April 8, 2011

JDIZZY's 365 # 333: Librarian

Librarian - My Morning Jacket (2008)

I was a latecomer to the MMJ cult. I slept on their first three discs and didn't quite get their fourth, Z, when I purchased it so I didn't spin it too much.

Folks, JDIZZY was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Two words changed my mind, making me go back to appreciate their back catalog and anticipate their May 2011 release Circuital.

EVIL URGES.

On a flawless disc that traipses styles like Ween of old, my favorite track has got to be this ode to unrequited bookworm love. Jim James sells this song like its gospel truth, when you know he probably came up with it in his talented ass sleep. The man can do no wrong, folks!

This is the band to watch right now: Kentucky's more focused and direct Radiohead.

This is the new release by an established artist to get the most excited about.

Well, besides GAGA. Let's not kid ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment