Monday, October 11, 2010

JDIZZY's 365 # 155: The Bricklayer's Beautiful Daughter

The Bricklayer's Beautiful Daughter - William Ackerman (1981)

Solo acoustic guitar pieces have the power to stop me in my tracks as I quickly become completely enchanted with their beauty. Two of my favorite bands, Genesis and Yes, have included spectacular additions to the form on two of their seminal albums, so that probably helped with the whole love thing. Yet we must traverse the murky waters of New Age to truly hear where the affection began. One needs look no farther than this recording. It is quite simply the most beautiful piece of instrumental music I have ever heard, regardless of genre, style or artist. All from the guy who started Windham Hill. Don't even watch the video. Just put on you friendly neighborhood headphones, start the video, close your eyes, and be at peace with everything in the world. She must have been quite a beautiful daughter, Mr. Ackerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment