Thursday, January 6, 2011

JDIZZY's 365 # 236: Who'll Stop The Rain?

Who'll Stop the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

There are blatant protest songs, and then there are subtle ones. It is up to the individual to decide which type he prefers. I have appreciated both in my time, from Dylan's fiery condemnations masked in poetry through Barry Maguire's obvious hit single fire. One artist who has been brilliant at both forms has been Mr. Fogerty. while fronting CCR, he released the best obvious blast of anger in "Fortunate Son" and the most delicate whisper of anger in "Who'll Stop The Rain?".
I am a lifelong fan of the protest ballad.
I have loved "This Land Is Your Land".
I have loved "Dear Mr. President".

Today's song is the best one ever made.

Discuss.

(and pick up any of your CCR collections, put them on your player of choice, and know that you are listening to some of the best music you will ever hear)



.......transcendent........

No comments:

Post a Comment