Monday, January 24, 2011

JDIZZY's 365 # 258: I'm Not In Love

I'm Not In Love - 10cc (1975)

I can't begin to express my love for this song......wait, I mean, yes I can...... oh, never mind!

The art pop geniuses behind 10cc crafted one for the ages with this track. A sterling denial of affection that has obviously overtaken our unreliable narrator, it is bathed in a 256 member choir ingeniously constructed from Godley, Creme, Stewart and Gouldman's four. If ever there was an argument for Analog over Digital, this would be it. Yes, they had to painstakingly assemble this through cutting and pasting loops of tape, but you are not going to get that sound on Pro Tools. This is merely an appetizer for the strange and beautiful world 10cc presented to us. Commence perusing of back catalog.....NOW!!!!!!



Folk, Dance Pop and Bubblegum, I command you all to cover!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment