Thursday, January 13, 2011

JDIZZY's 365 # 249: Hard Luck Woman

Hard Luck Woman - Kiss (1976)

Maybe the gods of rock were angry that their followers were recording ballads. That's the only explanation I can give for why this song stalled at number 15 on the charts, at a time when Kiss were still the best show in town. This song gets better every single time I hear it, but nothing will ever touch the first listen, when I was 16 years old. I had just received Double Platinum as a gift and while perusing such hard hitting classics like Black Diamond and Strutter '78, I came across this tender tale of longing. You don't expect this from Knights In Satan's Service. It makes an even stronger impact then "Beth" because Kiss is playing all the instruments and Rod Stewart turned it down! I'm not going to lie: I would love to hear Rod the Mod tackle this one. It would be ten times cooler than his last 18 Songbook albums!



THE....BEST...COVER...EVER!!!!



And a cover of a cover that is completely unsafe!

2 comments:

  1. this was my first time hearing this. very nice indeed. it doesn't top Beth for me...but i like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you liked that Garth Cover too!

    ReplyDelete